Who are Retracare?
We have been providing protection for more than 25 years. Our products are fully underwritten so you can rest assured that your appliances are in safe hands.
We know you treasure the things in your life, and that when those things break or get damaged it can be upsetting, inconvenient and stressful. At Retracare we want to make sure that you get the protection that's right for your product and that you have the best possible experience when buying a cover or having to make a claim.
Our commitment to you is our biggest priority, we help you to protect the things in your life that matter, whether the oven fails when you're planning a family event, or the fridge breaks down in the middle of summer. We deliver this at great value and make it as easy and as painless as possible.
What does Retracare actually Cover?
Parts, Labour and call-outs are covered when a genuine fault occurs. There is an option of Accidental cover that you can take out if you choose to.
Period of Cover?
Extended Warranty cover starts when the manufacturer's guarantee expires. Accidental Cover if you choose to take this extra service out, starts from when the product is delivered.
Who carries out the repairs?
We will carry out most of the repairs on items such as Televisions, Vacuum Cleaners, Hard drive recorders, hi-fi and Dvd (Some brands are covered by another local company)
For larger appliances like a Washing machine, Dryers, Cookers and Fridge Freezer these are looked after by the Manufacturer or a local company that Retracare will direct you to.
What if the product cannot be repaired?
If the appliance is beyond economical repair or parts are no longer available then a replacement product will be supplied. This will automatically terminate your cover and you will then have the Manufacturers warranty,
As with any Service Plan, there are certain exclusions to the cover provided.
- Cosmetic damage such as dents, scratches that doesn't affect how the product works.
- Products that are used in a commercial environment or in a property where you are the landlord
- Repairs due to breakdown through neglect, theft, attempted theft, fire, explosion, wrong voltage being used, software or firmware failures or any external equipment.
- Any repairs not authorised by Retracare or undertaken by anyone other than our appointed engineer
- The cost of a service call where no fault is found
- Costs for replacement light bulbs, batteries, remote controls, fuses, filters, light covers, knobs etc.
- Costs arising from any problem with the supply of electricity, gas or water, floods, storms, bad weather, accidental damage
- If the product is kept outside the UK
- Any breakdown subject to a Manufacturers recall
- Breakdown caused by chewing, scratching, tearing or fouling by domestic animals
- Wear and Tear
- Food in freezers
How do I make a claim?
It is important that when you need to make a claim or requesting a service call you must telephone Retracare first on 01234 245900. Retracare will then notify us or the relevant company that the service call has been authorised.